|Department:||Athletics and Wellness|
Convent of the Sacred Heart is New York City's oldest independent school for girls, educating students in Pre-K through 12. As part of an international network, we are committed to a set of principles shared by all Sacred Heart Schools. Known as the "Goals and Criteria", these principles articulate the core components of a Sacred Heart education, and charge our community with a unified educational mission.
At the heart of our philosophy is the belief that each child possesses unique gifts our job is to unearth those gifts, nurture them, and empower each child of the Sacred Heart to share those gifts with the global community.
Reports to: Aquatics Director
Date Posted: August 14, 2018
Expected Start: September 2018
The lifeguard is a part-time, year-round position responsible for overall safety of the pool, deck surrounding the pool, and locker rooms adjacent to the pool. We are looking for guards to work all shifts: morning, afternoon, and evening hours. The lifeguard will report to the Aquatics Director and work in the new 55,000 SF Athletics and Wellness Center located at 406 East 91st Street. Pool shifts range in time and duration from 5:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Fridays and 7:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Ensuring the safety of the pool.
- Remain diligent and alert through all shifts.
- Respond to any incident or emergency in the pool area, including the locker rooms.
- Enforce the rules of the pool for every client and program.
- Keep the pool deck and surrounding areas clean and organized.
- Work with the security staff to effectively communicate with clients and respond to emergencies.
- Attend any supportive duties set forth by the Aquatics Director.
- Assist in the development, marketing, and management of the Cardinal Swim
- Check lifeguard equipment regularly, and alert Aquatics Director of any issues relating to safety.
- Interact with multiple internal and external constituents on a daily basis for program development, management, and maintenance.
- Represent the Convent of the Sacred Heart and its mission well to all patrons.
- Certified as a Professional Rescuer, including up to date CPR, First Aid and Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) training.
- The physical ability to perform routine pool duties including lifting and moving pool lines, lifeguard stands, touch pads, and other pool equipment.
- Experience in working with youth and/or aquatics environments.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- A record of integrity, reliability, and punctuality.
- A willingness to assist in additional responsibilities as set forth by the Aquatics Director and/or the Division Head of Athletics & Wellness.
An equal opportunity employer, Sacred Heart seeks to hire outstanding and diverse faculty who work together harmoniously toward the common mission of the school.