|Title:||LS Technology Specialist Leave Replacement|
Convent of the Sacred Heart is New York City's oldest independent school for girls, educating students in Pre-K through 12. As part of an international network of schools, we are committed to a set of principles shared by all Sacred Heart Schools. Known as the "Goals and Criteria,” these principles articulate the core components of a Sacred Heart education, and charge our community with a unified educational mission.
At the heart of our philosophy is the belief that each child possesses unique gifts. Our job is to unearth those gifts, nurture them, and empower each child of the Sacred Heart to share those gifts with the global community. Convent of the Sacred Heart is committed to being an equitable and inclusive community and seeks candidates who connect to our Mission and Goals.
Lower School Technology Specialist Leave Replacement
February – June 2019
- Teaching technology classes to students in grades 2-4
- Collaborating with faculty in designing and implementing STEAM projects in grades K-4
- Providing training to Lower School faculty in groups and individually with regards to curriculum resources as well as STEAM and integrated curriculum projects
- Providing support to faculty and students on technology-related issues
- Managing online subscriptions for various web applications
- Collaborating with the technology integrationists in the Middle School and Upper School
- Assisting with other school duties as required as a member of the Lower School community, such as lunch and recess duty
Preferred Skills and Expertise:
- Demonstrated ability to support Google Apps for Education and integrate the suite of tools into the classroom
- Practical knowledge of mainstream educational software applications (i.e. Scratch, LEGO WeDo 2.0 , Tinkercad)
- Knowledge of current trends in educational technology related to STEAM and integrating technology into the K-4 curriculum
- Understanding of multiple OS platforms and device form factors
- Ability to troubleshoot basic hardware and software issues relevant to the classroom and STEAM education
- Master’s Degree
An equal opportunity employer, Sacred Heart seeks to hire outstanding and diverse faculty who work together harmoniously toward the common mission of the school.