Athletics and Wellness Division Head
|Title:||Athletics and Wellness Division Head|
|Department:||Athletics and Wellness|
CONVENT OF THE SACRED HEART
ATHLETICS & WELLNESS DIVISION HEAD
ATHLETICS & WELLNESS DIVISION HEAD
Convent of the Sacred Heart is New York City's oldest independent school for girls, educating students in Pre-K through 12. As part of an international network, we are committed to a set of principles shared by all Sacred Heart Schools. Known as the "Goals and Criteria," these principles articulate the core components of a Sacred Heart education, and charge our community with a unified educational mission.
Our 50,000 square foot facility opened in August 2014. Home to our swimming, volleyball, basketball and badminton teams, this state of the art facility features two regulation-sized basketball courts, a 25-yard six-lane pool, a wellness floor with a dance studio, cardio and strength room, and a 2,400 square foot multi-purpose room.
The Head of Athletics and Wellness is appointed by the Head of School to exercise direct responsibility for the operation and management of that division and the Athletics & Wellness Center. This position serves on the school’s Administrative Team, and is responsible for implementing the school’s vision for cutting-edge athletic and wellness programs for young women that further the school’s mission.
FLSA: Exempt - Full-time
- Provide vision and direction for athletics program for grades 5-12, physical education program for Pre-K – 12, and a wellness program for the school community, that supports the school mission. Oversee planning and execution of logistics, transportation and scheduling for division.
- Oversee operation and management of 50,000 square foot Athletics and Wellness Center facility with pool, gymnasium, and wellness spaces. In addition to active supervision of the spaces, this includes being the point person for communications with physical plant operations, security, and the business office.
- Manage P&L for Division and Athletics and Wellness Center, including revenue-producing summer programs, complex rental agreements, and budget for division.
- Lead, manage and inspire 30+ full- and part-time faculty, coaches and administrative staff. Provide vision and direction for Support department level directors in planning and delivery of innovative, mission-driven physical education, athletics, wellness and aquatics programs.
- Communicate effectively with parents, students, other senior school administrators and community partners. Serve as a role model to students, be a visible presence in all areas of the school, and promote cooperation and cohesion among all four divisions.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Head of School.
- Proven program builder with ability todrive revenue while balancing changing priorities
- Effective relationship builder and diplomatic change manager
- High level vision with practical implementation ability
- Knowledge of Physical Education and
- Wellness in Pre-K-12 setting
- Minimum of 5-7 years administrative experience, preferably in an independent school or college athletics environment
- BA required, Master’s degree preferred
- Experience managing a facility and direct reports
- Demonstrated experience with MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint, Google Drive, EMS or other scheduling software
To apply, please send a copy of your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject title “Sacred Heart Athletic Head”
An equal opportunity employer, Sacred Heart seeks to hire outstanding and diverse faculty who work together harmoniously toward the common mission of the school.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications